Friday, December 12, 2008

My Digital Editor

No, I don't have Photoshop, or any other fancy editing software. I use the newest edition of iPhoto. While I realize that you can do amazing things with Photoshop, I'm just an amateur, and I don't see the point of shelling out all that cash to get the fancy software. iPhoto lets me do 95%of what I want to do. Now with this photography blog, I've been spending more time in iPhoto trying to make my photos look more decent. I've just found some new features that I never noticed before. You can straighten images, reduce or increase shadows, sharpen (which sometimes looks good and sometimes just makes your photo look unnatural) along with many of the normal features like reducing red-eye, B&W, Sepia, etc. I really like this straightening feature. Check out what I was able to do with that photo with the boys at the folk village with this tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment