Friday, December 12, 2008

My Camera

I have to say, as sad as my camera seems sometimes, it has treated me very well over the years for what it is. Its 3.2 megapixels wasn't even high class when I got it about 5 years ago. It doesn't help that I've been taking most of my photos on the lowest resolution possible to maximize the space on my 512 mb memory card (I have about 1,000 photos on that thing, not including at least 10 videos). I complain a lot about my camera, but it really has been a good friend to me over the years.

I've been thinking recently that it might be time to invest in something a little more advanced. I've been shopping around. I don't want a DSLR, because as much as I like photography, I admit I'm never going to take the time to use it like it should be used. That being said, the more I investigate, the more I find some quite affordable cameras that have aperture and shutter priority.

Canon has two cameras that looked manageable for me. Does anyone know about these cameras, or other cameras? I don't want anything too bulky, or complicated. In theory I know how to use an SLR, but I was never great at it. I need something that gives me enough options that I can play around and have fun without getting lost and bogged down in some instruction manual. My camera knowledge is sadly lacking in many areas.


3 comments:

  1. I was clicking through "Next Blogs" and came across yours.

    I took a chance on a DSLR this past spring and haven't regretted it for a moment- even without having any photography classes!! The images pop, the colors are more real. I've gotten to a point that I can look at a pic and tell what kind of camera was used. I haven't even cracked the surface of all that my Nikon D40 can do but I look forward to learning!

    Just wanted to give a ringing endorsement for the DSLR. You are in a place with a lot of amazing photo ops... might as well have a camera that really captures the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi yo! I agree that if you really want great clear pictures a DSLR would be the way to go. I have my camera I used for photography in school and it took great pictures, but it is big and since I don't have a darkroom I would have to pay for development. The digital camera I have I got this summer and it is a small Nikon Coolpix, which is fine for taking close up snapshots, but not great for getting ditance or really high quality pictures. I suppose it depends on how much you are willing to spend, good luck with your search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh!!! You're also a powershot A400 user, I was A320 user before. I like Canon powershot series too. They take very good photos. However, coz of budget constraints, I'm using my free Samsung camera now. Hope to see more photos from you!

    ReplyDelete