Sunday, August 2, 2009

Architecture of Bali


Bali's unique architecture style struck me immediately. Compared to all the other places I've been, this style really stands out in the mind. I took these photos while passing by temples and homes. Seeing as how most Balinese are Hindus, their style is strikingly different than Korea, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong, and even Vietnam, which are traditionally Buddhist countries and are all heavily influenced by Chinese architecture style.

If you haven't noticed, I was trying lots of different angles while shooting on this trip. I'm so tired of my boring photos where everything is taken straight on. There's no character. Let me know if I succeeded in taking more interesting shots this time around... If they are too dizzying, let me know too for next time...







1 comment:

  1. (Sorry if this is a double post) I don't really care for the skewed framing, but if it's your style, carry on. I invite you to see some of my Korea photos here:
    http://is-3.blogspot.com/
    http://is-3.blogspot.com/search?q=kwangju

    ReplyDelete