Tuesday, April 21, 2009

At the Ball Game with my new camera!

Sunday evening I went to check out a ball game at in Jamsil. While I was watching the game, I took some time to test out the zoom on my new camera. My Canon Powershot SX200. I decided this would be the best time to test out the 12x zoom. My camera also has a 4x digital zoom, which I sort of forgot about. So, anyway, I found that when you zoom out, it stops at 12x, the end of the optical zoom. But, if after it stops, you push it more, it moves into the digital zoom mode. Now, granted, I wouldn't want to use the digital zoom if I were doing anything important, but boy, was it fun to play with. 12x optical zoom x 4x digital zoom = 48x maximum zoom. Do you know how close you can get to the players using this? Well... let me just show you. And let me emphasize that these photos were not cropped, or edited at all, these are the original photos.


Just some shots to give you an idea of where I was sitting.


Maximum zoom: 48x
Pretty clear... I think, at least

30x zoom... I think


Some photos of home plate. You can kind of make out their faces!


Cheerleaders
The cheerleaders (yea they have cheerleaders at baseball games here) were in the stands along the 3rd base line. This is the full 48x zoom. See if you can find where they are in the photo:





I also found how to select only one color to display. But... I couldn't figure out how to change which color was highlighted....

1 comment: