Sunday, January 4, 2009

Up close and personal with Buddha


While in Nha Trang, we took a rainy day to go on a tour of the city. Our first stop was Long Son Temple. We climbed the stairs to find these gargantuan statues of the Buddha.



Sleeping Buddha




Monks with Buddha

Gautama Buddha

Gautama Buddha up close

While it fortunately wasn't raining while we were here, the skies were ominously gray. I think I've decided I don't like photographing when the skies are like this. wouldn't this photo be amazing with a brilliant blue sky behind? Too bad we didn't see any brilliant blue skies during our time in Nha Trang.

2 comments:

  1. I kind of like the gray sky, it makes the mood very somber and for me adds more mystery to the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess everyone has their own interpretations. My photography teacher in Chile always told us that photographing in cloudy weather was always the best. I don't know if I agree though. There are no shadows and the photos just come out a little boring. I guess it just depends on what sort of effect you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete